Qualcomm has just introduced its latest Snapdragon Chipset called Snapdragon 710 Mobile Platform. The Snapdragon 710 Mobile Platform is built on an efficient 10nm process and uses the new Kryo 360 CPU.
The Snapdragon 710 allows more affordable handsets to offer features that up to now, were seen only on pricey flagship phones.
The Snapdragon 710 promises 40% better power efficiency compared to the Snapdragon 660 and offers support for Qualcomm’s Quick Charge 4+ technology with around 50% in 15 minutes of charging.
The chipset supports up to 13MP single IS and 20MP dual ISP. Moreover its AI Engine supports smooth and speed video transfer, deep portrait modes and Face ID / unlock with active depth sensing.
Highlights of QualComm Snapdragon 710 Chipset
- 10nm Process technology
- Supports displays with up to 3360 x 1440 pixels (QHD+) resolution, HDR10. Maximum up to 4K external display
- Octa-core (2.2GHz Kryo 360 performance cores x 2 + 1.7GHz Kryo 360 efficiency cores x 6) CPU
- Qualcomm Adreno 616 GPU
- Qualcomm Hexagon 685 DSP, Hexagon Vector Processor, Qualcomm All-Ways Aware technology
- up to 8GB RAM (up to 1866MHz) LPDDR4X, 2 x 16-bit
- eMMC, UFS 2.1 hear 3 1-lane, SD 3.0, USB 3.1 Type-C Gen1 and USB 2.0
- Qualcomm Spectra 250 ISP – up to 32MP single camera or 20MP + 50MP dual rear cameras. Can connect up to 6 different cameras, Multi-frame Noise reduction (MFNR), Hybrid Auto Focus with support for Dual Phase detection 2PD) sensor. Capture 4K video at 30 fps with Motion Compensated Temporal Filtering (MCTF), Accelerated Electronic Image Stabilization
- Qualcomm Processor Security, Qualcomm Mobile Security, Qualcomm Content protection
- Snapdragon X15 LTE modem with support up to 800 Mbps LTE (Cat 15).
- Up to 4K Ultra HD Premium playback, Up to 4K UltraHD capture @ 30 FPS, Up to 1080p video capture @120 FPS, H.264 (AVC), H.265 (HEVC), VP9, VP8
- Dual SIM VoLTE, VoWiFI, EVS, Dual-band 802.11ac with MU-MIMO 2×2, GPS, Glonass, BeiDou, Galileo, QZSS, SBAS and Bluetooth 5
The devices powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 Mobile Platform should be available from 2nd Quarter of 2018.